Hampstead to Highgate Haunted Pub Tour
October 22 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Halloween is nearly upon us, and the nights are drawing in. A perfect time for the return of the critically acclaimed 2017 edition of the Hampstead to Highgate Haunted Halloween pub tour.
Returning for it’s third year, this previous sell out event promises a whole evening of grisly tales of horrible history and spooky fun.
Through a combination of storytelling, theatrical re-enactments, humour and booze, the Haunted Ghost Walk brings history to life in dramatic and startling ways!
An enchanting walk, stopping at four haunted pubs and a series of atmospheric locations across two of London’s most fascinating and picturesque neighbourhoods including the stunning backdrop of the heath along the way, this full evening of entertainment reveals the hidden mysteries behind some of London’s oldest and strangest hideaways.
- Perched atop the hills to the north of London, the ancient villages of Hampstead and Highgate are full of drama and secrets — and ghosts. From winding lanes and leafy churchyards to the broad expanses of Hampstead Heath, this unique ghost walk explores the area’s dark, dangerous and frequently terrifying history.
- Discover the ghosts of the girl who preferred suicide to a trip to the dentist (well wouldn’t you?)
- Guard yourself from the flame-haired house-maid who murdered and dismembered a young girl in her care before attempting to dispose of the remains in a rolled up carpet
- Learn about Hampstead’s ancient association with vampires – was this inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
- Unravel the darker side of the swinging sixties in Highgate and find out if a vampire really does stalk the grounds of the infamous cemetery
- Encounter the spirit that haunts the area around the famous health-giving Chalybeate Well
- Take a scary walk across Hampstead Heath in the dark, an experience in itself, but keep your wits about you as we learn it was a regular haunt of notorious highwaymen
- As the evening draws to a close, the promise of one final foul ending awaits
Bring yourself, a stout heart, weather-appropriate clothing, and a pair of sturdy and comfortable walking shoes. The tour lasts for approx 4 hours and involves a fair amount of walking, including an exciting trek across the heath.
But let’s not forget the evening is about having fun. Spirits will be flowing as you explore some of the neighbourhood’s oldest and most authentic pubs with friends, new and old, pausing in each for a warm welcome, a drink and a ghostly tale or two before heading back out into the night with an unforgettable experience to cherish.
Fancy dress is not compulsory but definitely encouraged! Drinks are not included.
- A unique way to explore the oldest pubs in Hampstead and Highgate
- A walk through Hampstead Heath in the dark
- Stories of grisly murders and celebrity scandals in the area
- Drinking, merriment, and laughter
- Costumed ghosts and theatrics along the way!