- This event has passed.
The Alleyways and Shadows – Old City Ghost Walk
March 14 @ 7:30 pm - 9:10 pm
An atmospheric Saturday night ghost tour that explores some of the most haunted locations in the City of London when they are at their creepiest.
Guided by paranormal writer Richard Jones, London’s longest established ghost walk guide (since 1982) and the author of over 20 books on the supernatural.
Visit hidden passages, ancient burial grounds, haunted alleyways and ghostly passageways.
See places where people have been known to capture ghostly images on their cameras.
Sensible footwear and dress appropriate to the weather conditions are essential, and a clove of garlic is optional!
- London’s “Master of the Macabre”, Richard Jones, will introduce you to some of London’s spookiest and most haunted places.
- You’ll explore the old and narrow alleyways at the historic hub of the City of London, places so little changed that you’ll almost expect Charles Dickens to come strolling towards you!
- You’ll enter a tumbledown churchyard where the memories of a grisly happening in the early 19th century still reverberate today.
- You’ll see one of the City’s most majestic and historic buildings, over which a ghostly Roman sentry is known to keep an eternal guard.
- You’ll stand by a crumbling gravestone that in the late 19th and early 20th centuries was the focus of a bizarre ritual that was said to summon forth the spirit entombed within.
- You’ll gaze up at an ancient window pane from which the ghostly face of an 18th-century girl has been known to look down on passersby below.
- You’ll enjoy an evening of great storytelling, punctuated with a few surprises and shock that will keep you on edge all night long.