Mike Hodges (Flash Gordon, Get Carter) wrote and directed this supernatural chiller as a meditation on the human race’s ability to destroy the world, a gothic tale of suspense and the occult, guaranteed to send shivers down your spine.
Martha Travis (Rosanna Arquette, Pulp Fiction, Crash) is a travelling clairvoyant on the road with her sceptic father (Jason Robards, Once Upon a Time in the West, Magnolia). During a séance Martha communicates a message from a dead man to his wife in the audience.
Shocked, the wife insists her husband is still alive. Later that evening the husband is killed by a ruthless assassin. As Martha foresees more and more tragic events journalist Gary Wallace (Tom Hulce, Amadeus, Animal House) follows the pair in pursuit of a hot story… with catastrophically eerie results.
Sent direct-to-video by its struggling distributor on initial release, Black Rainbow unfairly never got the exposure it deserved, newly restored from the original negative audiences can now discover the darkness at the end of the rainbow, as never before.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- Brand new restoration from the original negative approved by writer-director Mike Hodges.
- Original stereo 2.0 PCM uncompressed audio and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Surround Sound options.
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- New audio commentary by film historians Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan.
- Archival audio commentary by Mike Hodges.
- Message in a Bottle: Archival ‘Making of’ documentary.
- Archival interviews with Jason Robards, Tom Hulce, Rosanna Arquette.
- Archival featurettes ‘8 Minutes’; ‘Disasters’; ‘Seeing the Future’; ‘Behind the Rainbow’ featuring interviews with Hodges, Arquette, Robards, producer John Quested including behind-the-scenes imagery.
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanael Marsh.
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Booklet featuring new writing on the film by author Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Mike Hodges and more illustrated with stills
Want to join one of the fastest-growing horror communities in the UK for FREE? Now you can. Click here to become a member of The London Horror Society.
Also, if you’re looking for some free entertainment in these testing times, then check out our list of free-to-watch horror films on our YouTube channel, London Horror Society TV.