Our contact details
Name: The Data Officer
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- When you join as a member, we also collect the information specified on each section of the membership form. Namely: general location, work / education status
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you in order to be a member of the London Horror Society.
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide you with the best membership experience as possible.
We do not give, rent, lend or sell individual information to any third party, except as described below:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose your personally identifiable information to protect the rights and property of The London Horror Society.
- Requests by Government Agencies: We will disclose any information we have in our possession to law enforcement or government officials in response to any inquiry or investigation or if in our sole discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in connection with any investigation or activity that is or may be illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
- Disclosures we are legally required or entitled to make under any enactment, rule of law or by the order of a court.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in the United Kingdom, on the secure servers of our mailing list provider (Mailchimp), and our membership data controller (Memberful) — both located in the United States.
We keep all the personal information provided when you sign up for membership for as long as you remain a member. We will then dispose your information by deleting all records no later than 2 working days after you inform us.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Data@londonhorrorsociety.co.uk if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Data@londonhorrorsociety.co.uk.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk